Please read the following instructions before starting the preregistration:
Online preregistration for the convention is a two-step process. First, there is a form for you to let us know how many pre-registrations, lunches, and membership dues you need (up to five per form). This form makes sure we get all of the information, but it does not integrate directly with the payment step. Therefore, after you submit the first form, you'll need to stick around for the second step - the payment - in order to be considered to have preregistered for the convention. You'll add items to a "shopping cart", adjust the quantities you want, and then check out, paying with either a credit card or PayPal.
- The first form has different sections, so you'll press "next" a few times to proceed to different parts of the form. Screen reader users using a PC, you will most likely need to press "enter" after making each of these choices in order for the choices to stick. If using "forms mode", you may need to exit forms mode to read some of the questions.
- The last part of the form may present a reCaptcha. You'll be asked to check a box saying you're not a robot. If you're signed into google, or in some other cases, it will then say you are verified, and you can press the Submit button. In other cases you may be required to solve a captcha; an audio version is available. If you have problems, let us know.
- Next, press "Submit". At this point, you have done the first step and are moving into the payment step.
- After you press "submit", you will be taken to a page with instructions and several buttons to add "Registration", "Dues", and "lunch" to your shopping cart. After pressing the button, you'll be taken to your shopping cart, and there, you'll see the item you've just added. Close the shopping cart window to get back to the buttons to add any of the other items you want (PC users press Control-W to close the cart window). Once your shopping cart contains what you want (matching what you put on the first form), select "check out."
Note that there are two check-out buttons. You do not need to create a PayPal account to pay; the button to check out and pay with a credit card is at the end of the page.
- After you complete the checkout, you will have two email messages - one confirming your registration, and the other confirming your payment. That's it!
Do let us know if you have any problems. Happy preregistering!